How Can Geofencing In Amarillo Work With A Home Security System?
Today's residential security installations have become increasingly more intelligent. With that being said, you may still neglect to do easy security tasks like turning on your home security, shutting the garage door, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to concern yourself with these tasks again? When utilizing geofencing in Amarillo, you can simply leave the house and have your security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Amarillo For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary along the sides of your property, which you may arrange in your smart security app. The technology then utilizes your cell phone to determine when you go beyond the border and then triggers pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components take advantage of to share information with each other. The technology assists your home security by putting all elements onto a single network. You can then draw a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your home and designate the specific actions you want to occur if you cross the prearranged border line.
For instance, when you leave your premises, you could instruct your security system to secure your front and back doors, shut the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you come back home, geofencing will notify your system to disable the alarm, elevate the garage door, activate lighting, and even alter your smart thermostat.
These are a handful of the components you can command with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics such as speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are At Your Fingertips With ADT Control
Geofencing is just one way you can utilize your home’s security system in Amarillo. With the mobile app, you are able to make the most of automation. Just tap a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: program your smart alarms and cameras to engage at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to dim to signal that it's bedtime, or disarm your security alarms when you get up.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain equipment come alive in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat switch on the exhaust fan if the fire alarm is set off. Or illuminate your hallway lighting if your surveillance system detects abnormal activity in the yard.
● Set a scene: Create custom room scenes with components that all act in harmony together. Have your lights turn off, the A/C go down, and the smart door locks engage at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with the right light and temperature adjustments.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm system when you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing capability and your mobile device, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Amarillo
Whether you seek added reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you wish to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with one of our representatives today at (806) 302-1613 or send in the following form to begin customizing your perfect security system.