Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Amarillo? Normally, you should consider three major regions of your residence for camera installations: your front door, your home’s exterior, and key interior rooms. While your provider is able to advise where to start, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Always Safeguard Your Front Door
While it might seem absurd that a criminal would attempt to simply stroll through primary entrance, 34% of intrusions take place near the front door. You also have package thieves among other dangers to consider. A doorbell camera is able to handle all of these possibilities with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Video doorbells are extra useful as you can converse with people who come and ring the bell. Through your mobile application, like ADT Control, you have the option to respond to every ring with 2-way talk and live feeds and look like you’re home. In the event a person begins doing something criminal, you can have your camera capture footage and deliver it to your mobile phone via a text notification.
Cover The Most Area With Your External Video Surveillance
Where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is often a difficult assignment. Fortunately, there are a few beneficial recommendations to greatly increase the likelihood that you’re safeguarded appropriately.
- Cameras at the corners of your Amarillo residence offer a large sightline, letting you see two parts of your yard.
- Just below an eave or into a bit of cladding or edging are perfect spots for surveillance devices as they will be partly concealed by blending into your gutterline.
- Over your garage, since the garage door is a more likely access point for intruders than you’d think!
- Over a patio or back door -- or any doorway that can’t be seen from the street.
To make sure these locations are successful, you should always trim away any overgrown plants or trees that might obstruct your view.
Suggestions To Enjoy The Most From Your Indoor Cameras
You have more options on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your property in Amarillo. But the additional versatility does mean there are additional aspects to consider:
- Windows and Sunlight: Although it’s wise to be certain your windows are down and latched, the natural light through a window might cause glare and affect your camera’s video feed. Direct your interior camera lens away from direct sunlight to avoid this.
- Take the High Road: In the same fashion as a guard tower, a security camera located in an elevated area will produce a wider field of vision. Try placing your cameras on top of tall pieces of furniture or mounted on the upper reaches of a wall.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your camera won’t be able to defend your property if it’s broken. Place your indoor units in locations where little ones and house pets have no ability to tamper with them. You might consider mounting or another means of attaching them to ensure they don’t crash to the ground if accidentally bumped.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The greatest surveillance system will fail to be of much use if there is a plant in the way. On the other hand, interior decor and plant life can also serve as a means to cloak your security equipment. Just make sure they don’t impede the view!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and security devices, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the ideal plan for your whole house -- defending every square foot. Dial (806) 302-1613 or complete the following form to start your project.